The Charlottesville Free Clinic believes that everyone should have access to quality dental care and that no one should suffer needlessly when in acute dental pain.
The CFC Dental Clinic provides free dental care for low-income adults who:
- Live in the city of Charlottesville or Albemarle, Buckingham, Fluvanna, Greene, Louisa, Orange or Nelson County.
- Do not have personal or employer-provided dental insurance.
- Dental services are provided by the CFC’s dental staff, volunteer dental professionals and dental students during day and evening clinics. These services are available primarily through our walk-in clinics, which are currently held on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday mornings from 8:00-12:30. Patients may choose to come for exams, fillings, cleanings or extractions. However, there are limited slots for exams, fillings, and cleanings, and patients are seen on a first-come, first-serve basis, with patients in severe pain given priority.
- For the walk-in clinics we ask that patients bring an ID, verification of income and a list of any medications they are taking. It is recommended that you come early for the walk-in clinic. Doors open at 7:45 and people often arrive between 7:00 and 7:30 to get a place in line.
- Appointments are made as determined necessary by the dental provider based on the patient’s need and type of care recommended.
The CFC Dental Clinic does not provide:
- Sedation (local anesthesia only)
- Continued regular dental hygiene appointments
- Complex root canals
- Gum disease treatment
- Crowns or bridges
How do I know if I am eligible?
To confirm that you are eligible for services please click on the eligibility guidelines on the left sidebar of this page, or call us at 434-972-6233. You will need to answer a few questions about your household income, family size and dental insurance status.