How do I confirm that I’m eligible and schedule an appointment?
- To confirm that you are eligible for services, click on the eligibility guidelines on the left sidebar of this page, or call us at 434-972-6233. You will need to answer a few questions about your household income, family size and dental insurance status.
- If you call and reach our voice mail, please leave a message. We check messages frequently and will return your call as soon as possible, usually within 24 hours.
- The CFC has a limited number of available slots during walk-in clinics and limited scheduled appointment slots. There are many people waiting to be seen. If you cannot be seen during a walk-in clinic we can sometimes accommodate you with an appointment, although it may be best to simply come back to the next walk-in clinic and assure that you come early to better assure being seen. If you do not show up for a scheduled appointment, you may be not be given another scheduled appointment.
How soon can I been seen?
- Providing acute care for people who are experiencing debilitating dental pain is our highest priority and we make every effort to see all patients as soon as possible.
- When you call the clinic, we will ask you to describe the level of your pain/discomfort and the degree to which your dental problem is interfering with your life (eating, sleeping, working, etc.). If we suspect that you have an active infection, we may ask you to visit a primary care physician or the CFC Medical Clinic for treatment prior to your first appointment.
Is it really free?
- Yes. If you qualify, the CFC’s dental services are offered completely free of charge thanks to the support of volunteer dental professionals and donations from patients, individuals, foundations, businesses, civic groups and churches as well as grants from the City of Charlottesville, Albemarle County and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Although it is not expected, we do appreciate a donation after your visit with us so that we can continue to serve you and others in the community.
Where can I go if the CFC Dental Clinic can’t see me?
If you are not eligible for dental care at CFC, please visit our related links page more dental resources.
There are some other clinics in the area that charge either a reduced fee or charge on a sliding scale based on your income. We are happy to provide a list of such clinics. The CFC Dental Clinic is the only clinic that offers free dental services.