Do I qualify for free care?
You are most likely eligible if:
- You are between the ages of 18 and 64.
- You are not covered by Medicare or Medicare, or employer-sponsored private healthcare.
- Your out-of-pocket costs of insurance available to you represent 10% or more of your income.
You have an annual household income is above 138% and below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level or you have assets that make you ineligible for free care elsewhere.
Where can I go for primary care if I don’t qualify for care at the CFC?
- Prompt Care or MedExpress.
- The UVA Health System provides free and reduced-cost health care services for people without health insurance whose annual household income is below 100% of the Federal Poverty Level. To schedule an appointment with UVA’s University Medical Associates call 434-924-1931. You will also need to apply for financial aid with UVA’s Financial Assistance Office. You can contact them at 434-924-5376, 866-320-9659 or email@example.com.
- Martha Jefferson Hospital also provides free and reduced-cost health care for low-income families. Call 434-654-8177 or 800-435-3144.
- More more resources, please visit our related links